Wednesday, January 14, 2009

So what about print?

I know electronic books are a new thing for many...including my friends and family! And some people will always prefer to hold a book in their hands rather than hold an ereader.

So be not afraid, readers! My book will be out in print...you just need a bit of patience.

The official guidelines dictate that my book should be in print in July. I'm sure this is not set in stone, but it gives me a good approximation to go by.

So where you can buy the print version when it is available?

Samhain Publishing sells the print version directly from their online bookstore:

http://mybookstoreandmore.com/shop/

It will also be available through Amazon or at your nearest Borders bookstore. I don't know if Borders carries every single one of Samhain's titles, but even if they don't have it on the shelf, you should be able to order it.

The electronic version is much cheaper than print...I mean, you don't have to pay for the printing or warehousing of any books! And since Samhain does POD (POD = print on demand) printing it's a bit more expensive than those large print runs that the big publishing houses are able to do.

Looking at the print books I've seen on their site, I'm guessing the print version will cost anywhere between $11 and $14. Whereas the print version has already been priced at $5.50! So, it might behoove you to get yourself an ereader or download the Stanza app for your iPhone before April 7th!

Also, if you even care, I receive more royalties on the electronic version. A LOT more.

No comments:

Post a Comment