Sunday, January 18, 2009

The countdown begins...

My editor got back to me pretty quickly...she said we will begin work on the book on the 23rd of January. In about a week. I'm praying she likes what I did with it.

So strange how you finish a book, edit it, and think you pretty much have it done. But when I went over the book this time, I found a few places where it was difficult to tell who was talking and a few other tricky descriptions that needed some help.

Besides adding in extra romance stuff, I fixed the places where I saw problems Surprisingly, I ended up adding about 3,000 words and quite a few extra pages. Which is weird because I did cut some significant text as well.

I have a feeling the book will be even longer when all is said and done. I write pretty cleanly, as in, I'm not extremely wordy on every page. The action moves quickly, there's a lot of dialogue, so there might be some more fleshing out to do in order to make the book even stronger.

I'll give you the inside scoop once I get started. Oh, and I'll let you know if I burst into tears when I see all the comments she's made.

KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment