Monday, January 5, 2009

My Article Was Accepted!

When I signed my contract with Samhain, I was asked to join several Yahoo Groups...some were 'business' in nature and others were ones where I can interact with readers and other Samhain writers. In one of the groups, there was a call for any author interested to write an article for their monthly newsletter called The Samhellion. If your article is accepted, you get a free 'ad' in the newsletter.

So, I thought, why not? I can whip something together, can't I?

The theme for January's newsletter was goals and/or resolutions for 2009....and it could be anything from a short story to a recipe. Since I am the big time breakfast maker, I thought: RECIPE!

And thus my article for how to make the perfect buttermilk biscuit was born. I wrote it in less than 10 minutes, emailed it off to the editor, and soon after got an acceptance email.

Ta-da!

I'm guessing they really needed content. :-)

The funny/sad thing is that I will not have any cover art or even a Samhain-approved & edited blurb for my book for the free ad. However, the editor was totally cool with holding off my free ad until the February newsletter...and by then I should have a cover to advertise! Whoo-hoo!

I think the January issue comes out on the 15th, so make sure to read up on biscuit-making!

- K J

No comments:

Post a Comment