Tuesday, August 25, 2015

ACAPULCO NIGHTS Available for Pre-order Soon

I am here to announce that ACAPULCO NIGHTS, my newest book, will be available for Kindle pre-sale in the next few days. The release date is September 22, 2015. I will post the link to the Amazon page as soon as it is up and running.

Here's the blurb for this new book:

  Suzie's fiancé, James, is pressuring her to pick a day for their wedding. She's cancelled three dates, and he's starting to wonder if she really wants to get married. But how does she go about telling her fiancé that she's already married to a man in Mexico? She needs a divorce, and she needs one fast. Her marriage has been a secret from her best friend, Janice, her fiancé, even her own mother, and she wants to keep it that way.
When Janice asks her to come along on an all-girl vacation to Acapulco, Suzie leaps at the chance. A search on the Internet gives Suzie all the information she needs to track down her husband, Joaquin, while out of the country and finally get that divorce.  
Unfortunately, Joaquin won't give her up so easily.
When James appears in Acapulco unexpectedly, all hell breaks loose, and Suzie stands to lose everything she's ever loved.

This is a bit of a departure from the paranormal suspense stuff I usually write. But it was a book I'd had sitting on my computer for awhile that deserved some love. With the new avenues available to writers for publishing, I thought I'd give it a whirl and see where it goes. I will also be releasing this book in paperback around the same time as the Kindle version (if all goes well).

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know that awhile back I'd whipped together a couple of cover ideas and had a poll on my blog. I also had asked some friends and family what they thought of my two covers.

Boy, did I get an earful! Reminder: never do that again! LOL. Seems that people love to tell you what your cover should include, look like, etc. I knew I couldn't make everyone happy and decided to start over. After thinking it through, spending 3 days (complete, full work days) looking through different photo options on royalty-free sites, I narrowed it down to the pic above.

With some help from my spouse, I made some improvements, selected the color font, and finalized the cover yesterday.

I spent some time looking at other novels in a similar vein...mainly Jennifer Weiner...who writes women's fiction. ACAPULCO NIGHTS isn't really romance. It's more just general fiction for women with a relationship in turmoil at its core. Hopefully, my cover inspirations are reflected in my own design.

I look forward to sharing this novel with my readers and hope that I can find some new fans out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment