Stitch Fix. Let me give you the low-down on what this service is all about, if you haven't heard of it:
- First, you fill out your fashion profile on their website, which includes questions about style, size, colors you like, accessories you wear, etc.
- You pay $20 per month for the service.
- A stylist is assigned to you, reads your fashion profile (you can also give them the link to your Pinterest board and other online sites in order for the stylist to get a better feel for what you like), and selects items for you.
- You receive one box per month with 5 clothing and/or accessory items from a variety of affordable designers/stores.
- The items come with 'styling cards' that give you a casual and more formal 'look' for how to wear each item in the box.
- You can choose to keep any or all items in the box if you like them.
- Any items you don't like you return to the company in a pre-paid envelope within 3 days.
- If you choose to keep an item(s), the $20 fee is discounted from the cost of the item(s).
- If you buy all 5 items in the box, you get a 25% discount on the total price of the items + the $20 in credit.
- You provide feedback on a card to your stylist, so she gets a better idea of what you like, so each successive box you receive should hone in better and better on your personal style.
Also, I am not that fashion savvy. I am not good at mixing and matching things and have secretly liked the idea of someone styling me! So I think this service is ideal for someone in my situation. My other thought is, my assigned stylist will inspire me to try on clothing I might never have selected on my own, which would be a good way for me to get out of a styling rut and jazz up my wardrobe.
I completed my styling profile and registered for the next available Style Fix date - May 13th! Long time to wait, I know. At first, I signed up for only one month of service, but then I returned to the sign up page and selected the 'monthly' option. I realized that to head down to the city to shop would probably cost me $20 in gas, so if the shopping came to me, it might actually be worth the fee, even if I don't buy something every time. And, considering how long I had to wait for the next available date, I was worried that I'd love my Style Fix delivery and have to wait another 2 or 3 months to get back on the shipment schedule.
When I get my box in May, I will report back and let you know what I think. If you believe this service might be of interest to you, check out the link below:
CHECK OUT STITCH FIX!
Just FYI, this is a total self-promo link, as I will get $25 in credit for anyone who signs up using the link. But, hey, I might as well give it a try? Why not!?