Monday, January 12, 2015

Cover Ideas & Reader Poll

I have been posting some new writings of mine on my Wattpad account since November. One story in particular, a romance/drama entitled "Acapulco Nights," has been sitting on my hard drive for 10 years. This was the 2nd book I ever wrote, and the first one to get the full-on agent treatment (i.e. I sent out query letters to probably 100 agents hoping someone would love my book). I ended up with a couple of agents wanting to read the first 3 chapters, lots of rejections and zero contracts.

I thought that was the end of that book.

However, on Wattpad it is getting new life. I am enjoying releasing a chapter a week and sharing that story with the world. Even if it is only a few of the many thousands of readers on Wattpad. I don't care.

I do care, though, about the cover. When I first uploaded that book, I just cobbled together a somewhat cheesy cover out of bits and pieces. Good enough, right?

Well, now I've been having second thoughts. I think my book deserves better than that. So I took some time to look around for the right photos/pics to develop into some new cover ideas. This is where I need your help.

I have settled on two completely different styles and am not sure which direction to go. I would love it if you would take the time to fill out the poll in this blog post and tell me which cover you prefer. I have yet to purchase the art I am going to use, so right now I'm just using the low-quality image with the watermark you are allowed to download to give you an idea of the final product.

Here are the two covers you can choose from:

Cover 1 - Holding Hands


Cover 2 - Cartoon Girl


Please spread the word and fill out my poll. Thank you so much!


Which cover do you prefer?


pollcode.com free polls

UPDATE - August 24, 2015. I went back to the drawing board after getting comments from my friends and readers. If you want to see the cover I finally decided on click here:  http://kjgillenwaterblog.blogspot.com/2015/08/acapulco-nights-available-for-pre-order.htmlhttp://kjgillenwaterblog.blogspot.com/2015/08/acapulco-nights-available-for-pre-order.html




No comments:

Post a Comment